Saturday 20 April 2013

Sugar Loaf

Hello, everyone!

This is Cadwaladr reporting from the sunny UK.


It was a VERY sunny day today, so we went to Sugar Loaf in Monmouthshire. On the way to Sugar Loaf there was a beautiful narrow road that would be good for a film. There were many beautiful white and yellow daffodils on both sides of the road. A Daffodil is a symbol of Wales. My family told me that when they see these flowers they feel that spring has arrived.


The trail to Sugar Loaf was really nice and quiet. I enjoyed walking up and my family took my lead off for my training, so I had my freedom a lot. I could meet many nice friends; horses, sheep, lambs and many dogs. I am not perfectly trained--my family had to say 'Leave it!' and 'Come!' a lot to me. Especially my mum. She said these commands to me more than 500 times! Lol! She looked very tired after our walk. I think I am getting better at being a good puppy, but it seems I need a little more training.

























































This is me, on the top of Sugar Loaf! It was a little windy up there, but I felt so good having my treats while looking down at the beautiful scenery.




















Ah, if there are other puppies who read my diary, please tell me how to deal with my biggest problem which is...'I love eating sheep poo a lot!' I can't resist! My parents look so sad and confused when I try to eat it. They give me nice treats, but I still want to eat sheep poo. I want to stop, but I can't! How can I stop? My Mum told me that my breath smelled like sheep poo after we got home and she brushed my teeth. Was my breath that bad?

Anyways, I was a very good hiker. I think I was the best in my family! My parents were so slow walking up the mountain, especially my Mum! She looked like a snail.

Tara now!

Cadwaladr.



2 comments:

  1. I don't think there is much you can do about poop eating. My dogs eat just about every variety out there and like to roll in some of it as well. I've trained a pretty good "leave it" command, but on a nice country walk, there's just too much poop around to win the battle. Even in my own backyard, the search for every morsel of bunny poop. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your advice. Today, I lost again in this battle! They must be too attractive for dogs. Lol! I am so sure it will be difficult for me to teach him a 'leave it' command, but I will try my best for his own good.

      Delete